Downloading the firmware
- Go to: http://www.samsung.com/uk/
- On the top of the page, hover the cursor over Support. A drop down box will appear underneath; click on Downloads.
- In the 'Search product support' box, type in the product number of your TV and click on See all results
- When the support page for your TV loads, click on Firmware
- A table will appear with the 'Upgrade File' update. Click on the icon under File
- Once clicked, it will start downloading the .exe file onto your computer. The file should only take a few minutes to download.
Installing the firmware onto your USB memory stick
- Connect the USB stick into your PC. Note: The USB stick will need at least 64MB of memory on it.
- Copy the firmware file you've just downloaded onto the USB stick
- In the USB drive, double-click the firmware file and press Install. This creates a new folder on the USB stick with the firmware files in it.
- When finished, press OK and Close
- Safely disconnect your USB stick
Installing the firmware onto your Smart TV
Please be aware that when you update your firmware, your audio and video configurations will be returned to default settings. Please make a note of your settings so they can be easily changed later.
- Insert the USB stick into your Smart TV - The update should automatically start running
- If the update doesn't start automatically, from the main screen press Menu > Support > Software Upgrade > USB
- Note: Don't unplug or turn off the TV while the update is in process
- When completed, safely remove your USB stick
If your TV isn't turning on automatically after the update, unplug it from the mains, wait 10 seconds then plug the TV in again.
Now you can get back to enjoying the apps, internet and TV shows on your Smart TV.