WALK OUT WORKING
COMPUTER SET UP
Knowhow can set up your new Windows computer in store. We'll install any apps, configure updates and create the recovery media.
A few great things
- Your PC computer set up
- Install any apps
- Recovery media created
- Configure for updates
When you buy a brand new desktop PC or laptop the last thing you want to be doing is creating recovery media, installing security software and setting up user accounts and email. We know that you just want to get on with the good stuff and start using your new computer.
We provide the following three Computer Set Up services to help you do just that:
Set Up - £35
This service provides basic set up of your computer. We’ll install any apps and configure it for updates. To save you the time, we’ll also create the recovery media, a process that can take up to 4 hours.
Set Up & Personalise - £45
This service includes initial set up and creation of recovery media. We'll also set up your email account and parental controls, and install any antivirus and other software or hardware purchased.
Windows Set Up & Showhow - £55
This in store service includes Set Up & Personalise plus an additional 30 minute tutorial, where we'll show you the main features and give you some useful hints and tips on how to make the most of your new computer. Click HERE to find out more.
Pop in and have a chat with a member of the Knowhow Team at your local PC World or Currys to see how we can get your new Microsoft Windows desktop PC or laptop up and running.
Ask a member of staff to book an appointment on a day that suits you or you can call us on 0344 561 1234 and arrange your appointment over the phone.
Know it all
Our Computer Set Up services have been designed to get your new Windows computer up and running just the way you want it.
As part of the Computer Set Up service you will receive:
- A consultation with a Knowhow Team member to find out all the details of how you want your Windows PC setting up
- We’ll unpack your computer and make sure everything is in the box
- Install all available Windows Updates
- Create your computer’s recovery media. These allow you to reinstall Windows in the future if you need to
- Leave you with a report which explains everything we have done
Computer Set Up & Personalise - all of the above and the following:
- Set up Microsoft Windows with any user accounts and passwords you want
- Download and install Windows Essentials; free software from Microsoft that allows you to access your email, chat on Messenger, view and edit photos and home videos
- Set up all your email accounts in the email software you choose
- Install and set up your Internet Security Software so you are protected online
- Set up parental controls to keep your children safe when they go online
- Install any software, peripherals and mobile broadband dongles you buy with your desktop or laptop
Full terms and conditions can be found here.